Friday, February 19, 2016

Eli's Daniel Tiger Birthday Party!

Hi There!  I know it has been a LONG while since my last post; We have been busy living life and it has just been a crazy 2016 so far. However, things 'seem' to be slowing down enough to post about my little man's 1st birthday!  

When deciding what theme I wanted this party to be...  there was only one obvious choice: Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  This is a cartoon version of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and my son absolutely loves it.  His first giggle was watching this show (don't judge... I needed a distraction when cutting his nails).  

Anyone that knows me knows that I love any DIY thing to add a personal touch.  So off I go into the world of Pinterest in search of ideas related to Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  Lucky for me, PBS Kids website  has great ideas for decor, food, games/activities, timelines, etc. Check it out... they have great ideas for other themed parties as well.  




I made the crayon bag label and Eli's 1st Birthday Coloring book using the free coloring pages on PBS Kids website and printed at home with simple staples and done.. it was so easy!  
  • Eli's 1st Birthday Coloring Book - PBS Kids (this link is for the full page coloring pages, not for the book seen here; I used these pages to create the book myself).  
  • Crayon Favor Bags Label - PBS Kids
  • Crayon Cellophane Treat Bags - Amazon  (These bags fit 12 crayons perfectly)
  • Crayons - Dollar Tree
  • Daniel Tiger Stickers - Birthday Express
  • Daniel Tiger Blowouts - Birthday Express 
Now you are probably wondering what I put them in... I thought about the paper favor bags with handles... but when I went to my local Dollar Tree - I saw these wonderful canvas totes that fit perfect and were exactly what I was looking for!  


If you don't know; Daniel Tiger's mom, Mom Tiger, loves sunflowers and she and Daniel went about town giving Sunflowers to their friends in the Town of Make Believe. Unfortunately, having a birthday in January proves difficult to find fresh Sunflowers as they are not in season.  So a dear friend convinced me to make them ourselves.  I reluctantly agreed and went back into the Pinterest world looking for ideas...  couldn't find one specific idea but we found several that I was able pull from.  


Here are the supplies to make these Centerpieces: 
  • Small 8-10oz Mason Jars - I bought mine at Target but you can find these anywhere
  • Crayons - Dollar Tree (I put them in upside down)
  • Natural Raffia - Dollar Tree
  • Bamboo Skewers - Walmart
  • Fuzzie Sticks - Walmart
  • Yellow Dessert Plates - I also bought these are Target but you can find these anywhere
  • Brown Construction Paper - Walmart
    • Please note: If I have to do this again, I would buy brown printer paper instead. It is much easier to print on and already cut to 8.5x11 size.  
    • I printed 8-9 different phrases that Daniel Tiger says regularly and printed a few test pages on plain white paper to ensure the size would fit into the inner circle of the plate. 
    • I found a bowl that fit the inner circle of the plate and used it as a stencil to draw two circles on each brown paper around each phrase.  
Our amazing Daniel Tiger Cake by Hot Mama's Cakes



Games for the older kids to keep busy during the party



We had such a great time celebrating our boy's 1st Birthday... hope the new year is treating you all well!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  


Beijinhos*,








*This is Portuguese for kisses :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I had the same theme for my son’s birthday last year. We celebrated his birthday in one of the Chicago venues as the house was under renovation that time. This time I am thinking about a different theme than this. Can you suggest any?

    ReplyDelete