Sunday, May 10, 2015

Love Letter to my Mom

I can't believe it is already Mother's Day! This blog is about sharing all parts of me and that includes sentimental stuff too... So here it goes.

As I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to my lil man, Eliseu 'Eli', I am overcome with emotion remembering just 3 months ago he was born and first placed in my arms. He truly is a blessing and we are SO thankful.



Then, I got to thinking about my Mãe (Mom) and what an amazing, strong woman she is.



As a child with lots of health problems, my mom was my rock.  She was always positive, no matter how sick I was, always made me laugh and taught me to laugh at myself.  With constant doctor and emergency room visits, she never once made me feel like a burden.  I felt nothing but pure love and completely safe with her. 



Best part of Mother's Day is hearing all the stories of when I was a baby.  You see, my family is Portuguese and we were all born in Azores, Portugal on the island of Pico (My parents immigrated here in 1981 to get better jobs with better healthcare for me).  So our stories of how things were back home and "back in the day" are always fun to here!

Here's a poem that helps to express my thoughts. 

Mom, on this Mother's Day of 2015,
I now know what you've meant,
About what the love of a mother and child means,
Thank you for all that you've done and still do.

Mom, as one of the strongest woman I know,
You always think of everyone first,
Even while you fought through your battle with cancer,
You remained positive and inspired others,
Living life with a purpose by doing your best.
Thank you for being the matriarch of our family.  
Mom, the love you give is felt by all,
even the strangers you meet,
feel the sincerity and compassion of your heart.
It is with pride and the most adoration,
that I call you mom,
But even more so now, as you are an amazing grandmother,
to Eli, your grandson.
Thank you God for this amazing woman.
 I love you Mom.
To all the new mommies, HAPPY FIRST MOTHER's DAY! 
To all the mommies and ladies who have stepped into a mommy role, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!
My prayer for all mothers: I pray for you and your family as you celebrate yourself today. For you are the rock of your family and your children rise up for you.  May you continue to be blessed with love, faith, and family.  Amen.
Allow yourself to relax and enjoy being spoiled! 

No comments:

Post a Comment